- Minimalism in Robotics – Dynamic locomotion
- Dynamic Climbing – Design and control of a single actuator dynamic climbing robot
- Autonomous Systems and mobile manipulation in unstructured environments with applications such as search and rescue and agriculture.
- Agriculture Robotics – Minimalistic manipulation, Optimal design, Precision Agriculture, Autonomous spraying, etc.
- Soft Robotics
- Mechanics in Gait Asymmetry: Is asymmetry in walking useful? Collaboration with R. Gregg, Y. Dhaher and K. Lynch (Northwestern University).
- HARP – Highly Articulated Robotic Probe: Miniature snake for cardiac surgery. Collaboration with Howie Choset, Alon Wolf, Brett Zubiate, Stephen Tully, and more. This has spun off into MedRobotics
- Duality Between Maxwell Theory and Singularities in Parallel Manipulators. Collaboration with Alon Wolf.
- Knee Bio-Mechanics (collaboration with Alon Wolf)
- Pre-Operative Knee Kinematics Modeling
- Knee pathology classification